SarahBeenySpringIssue2017 - 184
HOW TO PAINT
EMILY'S PAINTER, PAUL SUTHERLAND,
SHARES HIS STEP-BY-STEP PLAN...
1. Remove existing cupboard handles and
ﬁll in holes if required.
2. Clean with soap and water, then give a
good rub with meths so they're sparkling.
3. Sand very lightly with sandpaper.
4. Use a 'grip primer' that sticks to any
surface with minimal prep work. Paul uses
Valtti Otex Adhesion Primer, made up to
match the colour of the topcoat.
5. Apply two coats of eggshell paint. For
something more hardwearing and easy to
clean, use a gloss or semi-matt topcoat.
184 | MAY 2017